At OPUS, the goals of engaging with your law firm are simple – we want to help you sign more cases through our direct involvement by maximizing the work and results of your Intake Team. Depending on the needs of your firm, OPUS can train, coach and consult in a variety of methods and on a variety of topics. This document will provide an overview of these methods and topics. To do this, we have broken out our ‘training approach’ into seven (7) “Building Blocks for Success”. Building blocks then, are distinct areas where law firms need to obtain a level of mastery in order to optimize their intake.
We convert more leads into cases.
These building blocks become the foundation for a strong Intake Department. Each building block has many individual ‘training topics’ that are delivered as lessons and presentations. A training topic is a set of skills or area of concentration that requires proficiency.
While not all training topics are applicable for every firm, the partial list of training topics here in the seven (7) Building Blocks represent a good cross-section of the types of lessons offered by OPUS. Additional lessons are constantly being designed and built around the specific needs of each new OPUS client.
The Seven OPUS Building Blocks:
1. Evaluation and Analysis – First, as a service, OPUS provides a full diagnostic examination of your intake department and its current performance capabilities. OPUS has the tools and experience to quickly and accurately get ‘under-the-hood’ to see what is working well and where the intake problem areas are. OPUS then creates a deployment plan to improve and optimize your department. Second, as a Building Block for training, OPUS’s establishes Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and provides empirical ‘measurement’ tools for effective management. OPUS must then pass this knowledge along to your leadership team as they as are the best weapons for maximizing results.
2. Training – When OPUS begins instructing your team, we will use a modular approach with lesson presentations, programs and courses, that have immediate practical benefit. From new hires to seasoned veterans, everyone benefits from learning and applying a specific collection of skills and abilities acquired through the OPUS Method.
3. Manager Development – Efficiently running your intake department is a make or break proposition for Management. Implementing and coordinating the intake production in order to achieve the overall objectives is the most important aspect of your intake department. It is both strategic and tactical in nature. And that is why the Management block has the most training topics of all. OPUS knows how to train and empower intake managers to maximize productivity.
4. Coaching – Coaching is to help apply what has been taught and then succeeding with it. OPUS offers several types of coaching plans and packages – these include one-on-one sessions on phone-techniques, pop-quizzes, roll playing, and secret-shopper calls – all of which are tracked and measured by the famous OPUS Call-Monitoring system. Group sessions are often utilized to generate energy and enthusiasm and lays the foundation for team building and systemic success.
5. Systems and Procedures – A procedure is a part of the full intake process. How well your team a) understands your processes and b) complies with and operates within the framework will, to a large extent, determine how effectively your intake department will function. OPUS helps intake specialists excel within your pipeline and helps managers adjust the pipeline to take advantage of the intake specialist at their disposal. OPUS will examine and help refine intake processes to achieve maximum efficiency and make sure that everyone runs from the same playbook.
6. Teams – A team is an identifiable group of individuals with a set of common goals and purposes that cooperate with one another to achieve those goals and purposes. OPUS quickly helps build these winning teams and trains both managers and specialist how to lead and function effectively as team players. Achieving the continuous cycle of improvement is the hallmark of our program and is unquestionably the highest level of optimization of any intake department.
7. Culture – Defining and developing a business culture that can reflect the core beliefs and perspectives of the law firm is fundamental to success. OPUS knows that intake success is a top-down driven value to be disseminated throughout the firm. Understanding this culture of success and growth as a culture of change and opportunity, of due-diligence and consistency…and then packaging this into presentations to be shared and ultimately adopted by all members of the intake team… this is true Six-Sigma type OPUS training.
The OPUS Approach
OPUS Intake’s involvement may take various forms including, remote presentations, on-site training, coaching workshops, management classes, one-on-one sessions, with limited or full engagements. At OPUS Solutions, we fit our training around your needs and goals.
Length of Engagement
OPUS does not offer ‘quick-fix’ solutions, ‘rah-rah’ seminars, or weekend ‘power-courses’. Real change takes time. Generally, six-months is a solid average to evaluate and plan, to commence, change, track, stabilize and secure. At OPUS we guarantee permanent and lasting change.
We Wrote the Book on Intake
The Opus Intake Solution is a comprehensive lead management and intake system designed to maximize lead conversion, optimize the overall efficiency of intake departments and increase the return on marketing investment and overall profitability for the firm.
By incorporating powerful “Six Sigma” principals into our proprietary, “hands-on” approach, the OPUS Intake Solution impacts the entire culture of the law firm, installing a system that continuously self-improves while keeping intake numbers at their highest levels possible.
Why Choose Us
- Train Current Intake Personnel to be TOP Performers
- Train New Hires Fast, Easily, and to the Highest Standards
- Managers Test and Track Performance Skills
- Immediately/Significantly Increase Client Acquisition
- So train them, train them correctly, and train them to win.
Jay Jackson Will Be Speaking At MTMP
The Importance of Intake Training This session will cover both why you need to invest in training and the bottom-line results of training Intake Specialists. It will present the why by talking about the overall importance of people in the process, your Intake Specialists, and why training makes a difference.