1. Active listening is different from “regular” listening. Active listening involves which of the following. Check all that apply.
- Carefulness in the exact wording you use
- Stream of consciousness
- Being very self-aware – CORRECT
- Providing feedback to let the PNC know they’ve been heard – CORRECT
2. Empathy and active listening have little to do with one another. FALSE
3. The most basic of human needs is the need to understand and be understood. TRUE
4. The best way to understand people is to let them know where you are coming from. FALSE
5. Active listening involves self-awareness. TRUE
6. Which of the following BEST explains why it can sometimes be difficult to practice active listening when interacting with a PNC (potential new client).
- Your lunch break
- Stress from time management – CORRECT
- The number of calls coming in
- Demands from your law firm management.
7. From the list of possible advantages that can come from active listening, choose the three (3) BEST.
- Helps build good relationships – CORRECT
- Takes up more time which requires fewer calls
- Enables a connection with the PNC – CORRECT
- Helps keep numbers and quotas
- Provides a good distraction – CORRECT
8. Active listening helps the intake process by moving the conversation to a business/ social/personal space. TRUE
9. Concentration is a key aspect of active listening. TRUE
10. Practicing active listening can help anyone
- in their work tasks
- in their private life
- build better relationships
- all of the above – CORRECT