1. In addition to selling the PNC hope (regarding the problem that motivated their contact with your firm), what specific “product” are you selling the PNC?
- A million dollar settlement
- A way to retaliate against the defendant
- A legal solution to their legal problem – CORRECT
- A pig in a poke
2. When selling the law firm as the solution to the PNC’s legal problem you should be familiar with the relevant litigation. TRUE
3. A PNC has asked you “Why should I sign with your firm?” Identify the information you should know about your law firm in order to answer their question. Choose each that applies.
- The firm’s history of success – CORRECT
- How the firm is organized
- How many Intake Specialists your firm has.
- The skills of the firm’s lawyers – CORRECT
- A history of the firm’s relevant experience – CORRECT
- The law firm’s quota system for getting contracts signed
4. Making a connection with the PNC is a critical aspect of selling the law firm. TRUE
5. The Intake Specialist is the first voice of the law firm. TRUE
6. Explain how “credibility” fits into “selling the law firm.” Choose all statements that apply.
- PNC’s are not likely to sign a contract with a firm without a good reputation (e.g., one that is “credible”). – CORRECT
- Credibility isn’t really significant when it comes to selling your law firm.
- PNC’s won’t sign a contract with an Intake Specialist who is rude to or abrupt with them (e.g., lacks credibility). – CORRECT
- You are more apt to get a raise if you can turn more PNCs into actual clients.
- The PNC needs to be credible for you to continue the call.
- You, as the Intake Specialist, need to sound like a knowledgeable representative of the law firm. – CORRECT
- As long as you are empathetic to the PNC and listen to them, the credibility of the law firm doesn’t really enter into the picture.
7. Which of the following helps you be a better “closer” and sell the law firm. Please check all that apply.
- Explaining your law firm’s policies regarding client information
- Relaying detailed information about similar cases your law firm has handled
- Projecting yourself as someone the PNC can trust – CORRECT
- Completing your firm’s intake form
- Displaying empathy toward the PNC – CORRECT
- Actively listening to the PNC – CORRECT
8. Check all the topics mentioned in the lesson that you will need to know in order to help sell your law firm as the solution to the PNC’s (potential new client’s) legal problem.
- The firm’s experience related to the PNC’s problem – CORRECT
- Your selling style – CORRECT
- A legal pad and your firm’s questionnaire
- A good headset, comfortable chair, and a computer
- The makeup of your intake team – CORRECT
- A probable settlement amount
9. Which of the choices below represent the kind of information you should know about yourself in order to be an effective Intake Specialist? Select all that apply.
- Your fashion sense
- Your favorite celebrity who had a situation like the PNC’s
- Your knowledge of legal problems related to the PNC – CORRECT
- Your blood type
- Your best manners, according to your firm’s policies
- Your style of selling your firm as a solution to the PNC’s problem – CORRECT
10. What is a good strategy to use when a PNC demands to speak to an attorney?
- Tell the PNC the attorney is in a meeting
- Explain you need to get the basic information so the attorney can understand what is happening – CORRECT
- Tell them you ARE an attorney
- Put them on hold for a few minutes