1. The purpose of dividing intake specialist functions into two groups, each with different responsibilities, is to increase which of the following?
- Overall Efficiency
- Office Chaos
2. During the intake process a Level 2 function is to get the potential new client’s:
- Contact information
3. What are proper ways that a law firm can allocate or distribute the various procedures of the intake process among Level 1 and Level 2 Intake Specialists?
- Identify the functions first
- Look at the skills of the team
- Assess both the size of the tasks and time being allotted
- All of the above
4. Some law firms may ask their Intake Specialist to perform both roles simultaneously. True or False?
5. Before “popping the question” as to whether the potential new client (PNC) will sign a contract, an Intake Specialist performing a Level 2 function will seek to _____ and _____ the PNC. Choose the TWO terms that BEST complete the sentence:
- Sympathize with
6. Select all the responsibilities that are part of a Level 1 function.
- Collect contact information from the PNC
- Explain a summary of the law firm’s history relevant to the PNC’s problem
- Present a comprehensive explanation of the litigation to the PNC
- Explain the organization of the law firm to the PNC
- Ensure the PNC meets minimum standards for the litigation in question
- Explain the criteria the law firm uses to qualify clients for the relevant litigation to the PNC
7. Even though both Level 1 and Level 2 Intake Specialists may make a final decision whether the PNC should be sent a contract. The final decision is made by a Level 2 Intake Specialist.. True or False?
8. Select ALL sentences below that accurately describe the functions associated with each level of the intake process According to the information presented in the Lesson,
- Level 1 collects basic information about the PNC
- Level 2 gathers the PNC’s story
- Level 2 is reserved for difficult PNCs
- Level 2 makes a litigation decision regarding each PNC
9. As explained in the lesson, choose ALL the types of information (about the litigation) you should be prepared to answer as part of a Level 1 process:
- How long it will take for the PNC to receive money
- What kind of criteria is relevant to the litigation
- The current status of the litigation (open or closed)
- Who the responsible party in the litigation is
10. An Intake Specialist performing a Level 1 function can jump in and help at any time performing Level 2 tasks, when the number of new leads increases greatly. True or False?
11. Check all the advantages of having Intake Specialists specializing in performing either Level 1 or Level 2 functions:
- It helps to specialize and have unique understanding
- It duplicates work on the Team
- It allows people with certain skills to perform those tasks
- It promotes completion on the Team
- It is more efficient
- Level 1 weeds out bad leads
12. “Closing the deal” is a function performed in the Level 2 intake process. True or False?